Join us for the 2019 Information Security Symposium
- University of California, Davis Gateway District with sessions held at the UC Davis Conference Center, Gallagher Hall, Beuhler Alumni Center, and the Mondavi Center.
- Hotel reservations can be made at the Aggie Inn, Best Western, Hallmark Inn, or Hyatt Place.
- Conference will extend over two days on June 18-19, 2019.
- Instructional computing labs and lectures are scheduled for both days.
- General welcome session will be held Tuesday morning.
- All sponsors (financial and instructional) will have an opportunity to informally meet conference attendees to showcase their technology offerings during the event.
- Approximately 450 security and privacy professionals, system administrators, programmers, and unit managers from UC Davis and the other University of California campuses and medical centers attend this conference.
- Security leadership and technologists from the ten University of California campuses, as well as Medical Centers and Health Systems will be in attendance.
- The chief information security officers of California community colleges and campuses of the California State University system and California state agencies are also invited.
- The attendees represent the technical leadership and technologists for these organizations and are typically responsible for making technology and training decisions.
- Administrative unit managers are typically responsible for budgetary approval and many are leading edge technology adopters.
Concurrent Session Tracks
- Conference tracks emphasize sessions for information sharing about technology developments that are innovative and/or that benefit operational workloads.
- Sessions include technical presentations and hands-on labs focusing on administration fundamentals and/or improving and maintaining the security for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and Unix operating systems and servers.
- Sessions on privacy, security solutions, and compliance are also include for security and technical leadership.
- Duration of instructional labs will range from two to three hours and the duration of lectures will be about one hour.
- Conference registration includes the welcome presentation, keynote sessions, two days filled with lecture and computing lab sessions,
- Continental breakfasts, hosted lunches, and snacks provided on both days.
- Each attendee will also receive a conference shirt with conference and sponsor corporate logos.